It’s 2018 and I’m back to blogging. Are you ready to help keep me accountable?
Last weekend, I said a fond goodbye to 2017. It was a good year filled with fun memories with friends and family, travels across the country for work and vacation and lots of running, yoga and healthy things. I also gained a fiance… and became one myself!
In May of 2017, I became a NASM certified personal trainer. That was exciting and great, but I don’t think I want to be that type of trainer. I’m passionate about fitness, but NASM is focused on “getting faster… getting stronger… building muscle…” (like, bodybuilding type stuff) and that’s not necessarily what I like to focus on when it comes to fitness. I believe you should get active in a way that makes you feel good. That could be yoga, running, walking, eliptical-ing, lifting weights, biking, zumba-ing, body-pumping… whatever you want!
In 2019 or 2020, I plan to find a job that lets me work full-time remote, become a certified yoga instructor and move west to the mountains of Montana or Washington. But right now, life is good 🙂
Here are a few things happening in 2018:
- In February, I’m moving to a new house with my fiance.
- In March, I’m going to try to break a 2-hour half marathon.
- In April/May, I’m going to London, Paris and Dublin and Iceland with my bestie.
- In June, I’ll run another half marathon.
- July will be my last full month of wedding planning.
- I’m getting married on August 18!
- And in October, I’m going to attempt my second full marathon.
I’ll be using this blog to document my progress and share my journey. Happy New Year!